Buy CCLARK TRACKS forest tracks for forest machines
With CLARK TRACKS forest tracks you achieve a higher productivity of your forest machine. Especially in extreme conditions, such as rain, snow, soft ground or steep slope the right tracks are crucial. Examples: With CS you can work safely on steep slopes where driving was previously impossible. With TXL you can work in wet weather if you had been working for track formation must set. Working continuously, productively and safely - that makes forest work economical!
We have been working with the track experts from CLARK TRACKS from Scotland for many years and bring the Central European requirements into the further development of the tracks .
CLARK TRACKS manufactures a variety of tracks plates that cover the different requirements of forwarders, combination machines, harvesters and skidders. Through individual adjustments as extensions of the track plates or different spike configurations, the tracks can be precisely manufactured to the machine and the operating conditions.
The oval Haggis UltraLink joints with flange represent an important innovation in the production of tracks. They ensure an even longer service life and less maintenance when using tracks. The new Haggis UltraLink joints are available in 24 mm and 28 mm versions and only from CLARK TRACKS.
Which track is right for me?
The rule of thumb of CLARK TRACKS is: the larger the surface of the track plate , the better on soft ground. Due to the low contact surface pressure, flotation is achieved (floating on the surface). TXL150, SFL15, SFL16 work well on soft ground.
Narrow floor slabs are useful on hard floors ; here, high contact surface pressure on the edges of the track plate and on the spikes creates a positive fit with the floor in order to transmit the greatest possible tensile force, ie traction. CX, CS, GL84, RL50, TL85, TL95, FX work well on hard floors.
The hard, rocky soils predominate on steep slopes. Here it is important to optimally interlock with the ground. CX and CS can do that like no other band.
Steep, loamy slopes are easier to negotiate with wide combination track plate s (e.g. 1000 mm base plate width). The large profiled surface ensures that the tensile forces are transmitted over a large area. The narrower base plate ensures the interlocking with the floor. TXCL and TXGL are floor -protecting track plate s for use on slopes.
In deep snow, the gaps between the floor slabs must be designed so that the snow that falls into the track plate is pushed out again. ATF, GL84, RL50 are good for deep snow.
Soil-protecting combination track plate s are the right choice for many uses, they cover a wide range of uses and ensure satisfied foresters. The floor-protecting combination track plate s are TXCL, TXGL and ATF.
Talk to us about this, we will advise you and give you the right recommendation for making a decision.
Buy forest track plate s: our portfolio
We currently have a large number of forest track plates in stock for universal use, bogie track plates for soft floors, combination track plates and traction track plates for use on slopes.
We currently carry these track plates:
- Terra 85 (TL85) : The best-selling universal track plate is suitable all year round on ice, snow, rock, clay and sand, for harvesters, forwarders and combination machines. The TL85 base plate is also used in the TXCL combination tape. The replica of Olofsfors is called KOVAX ™.
- Terra 95 (TL95) : is the super stable version of TL85 for heavy forwarders and strong skidders, it is suitable for the most difficult applications such as block laying and tillage. The slope version of the track plate is FX with 75 mm wide crossbars from the profile of the Rocky base plate. As a combination tape, FX is used together with TXL150, it is then called TXFX.
- Grouzer (GL84) : As a single-web base plate, it is particularly suitable for work on slopes. The profile is similar to Olofsfors ECO-Track ™ but is higher (60 mm total height) and more massive. GL84 is universal and can be used all year round.
- CX is a special track for use on slopes by tractor, combination machine and harvester. It is based on the GL84 floor slab and is also equipped with two 75 mm wide cross bars, which ensure maximum propulsion. CX is most similar to Olofsfors EX ™.
- CS is also based on GL84 and is alternately equipped with the base plate of CX with the two 75 mm wide cross bars and the next base plate with two 70 mm long spikes on the outside and a 75 mm wide cross bar in the middle. CS gives a maximum of grip, even on bank slopes. CS and CX are always made with 28 mm Haggis UltraLinks. There is no comparable track from another manufacturer.
- Rocky (RL50) has a massive base plate with a width and height of 50 mm. The stable bridge can be equipped with various spikes. The power transmission between the base plate and the tire is very good, so that the greatest tensile forces can be transmitted. Rocky is similar to Olofsfors OF.
- TXL150, TXCL, TXFX, TXGL : CLARK TRACKS offers an unmatched selection of floor-protecting track plate s. They provide very good soil protection and different levels of traction. The wide base plate TXL150 can transfer high tensile forces to clay soils due to the profiling and is therefore also suitable for slopes. The slope suitability increases from TXCL via TXFX to TXGL.
- TXCL : Is a floor-protecting combination track that we can recommend to anyone who wants to get by with just one track in the low mountain range
- TXGL : Can be described as a traction track plate with soil-protecting properties, it is suitable for work on slopes, on harvesters and combination machines and forwarders. There is no comparable track from another manufacturer.
- GS : Is a traction track plate for 4- and 6-wheel machines. It enables extreme climbing ability on slopes, for example with 6-wheel harvesters in the mountains, and increases the tractive power of skidders. Compared to the use of anti-skid chains, the traction is significantly better and less maintenance is required.
- TXSG : Is a single wheel track plate for improving flotation on soft soils and for soil protection. It is suitable for 4- and 6-wheel machines. TXSG reduces the contact surface pressure and prevents the heavy single wheel from sinking in. At the same time, the stability is greatly improved.
- Flotation 15 (FL15), Super Flotation 15 (SFL15) and All Terrain Flotation (ATF) : are particularly suitable for use on soft soils for small and medium-sized forwarders (8-15 t) and harvesters. Light forwarders, for example JD 810 D, Valmet 830, can - if they are equipped with track plate s at the front and rear - work on moorland where a person can hardly walk. FL15 is similar to ECO-U ™ from Olofsfors.
- ATF : Has a variable base plate with a width of 90 mm in the middle and 120 mm on the side. Thanks to the V-shape in the middle, it provides very good traction on slopes. The sides run out gently with a maximum width of 120 mm and ensure good protection of the roots and good flotation. The track plate has a unique geometry and is likely the market leader in Finland.
- Flotation 16 (FL16) and Super Flotation 16 (SFL16): Are intended for the use of large harvesters and forwarders from 14 tons on soft and boggy soils. The U-profile of the base plate provides good traction thanks to the two edges.
We have only given you a brief overview of the multitude of hinges and possibilities that we can implement with you. Take advantage of the opportunity in our webshop and find out more about the individual models.
If you have any questions, just contact our track professionals.
What advantages do CLARK TRACKS forest tracks offer?
These 6 reasons should convince you to choose a forest track plate :
- Stability is improved: This is how you can fully utilize the performance of your machine.
- Fuel consumption is reduced: the tires do not sink in, the rolling resistance remains low.
- Better soil protection: lanes and compaction are avoided.
- Better traction: Thanks to larger contact surfaces and better networking with the ground.
- Contact surface pressure is reduced: by up to 50%!
- Better tire protection: The tread and the sidewall are protected from punctures.
Forest track plate assembly
Do you have any questions about the correct installation of a CLARK TRACKS forest track plate ? With us you will find step-by-step instructions for assembly, retraction, retensioning and the correct distance to the machine.